“Nothing Beats A Good Friend!”
- To provide volunteer services from the community to supplement needed support for library day-to-day activities and other related functions and activities
- To serve as adjunct support to the Board of Trustees in supporting fund raising activities and other related Board duties
- All Members of the Katonah Village Library (those who have a library card) are eligible to participate. Most volunteer activities will be for those who are 18 or older. There can be a teen/youth group of Friends of KVL for specific tasks/ activities.
- Structured groups of volunteers will be created to address various library needs.
Examples could include:
- Volunteers to staff the front desk on hours not covered by staff
- Volunteers to help with other library day-to-day functions – book shelving, etc.
- Volunteers to provide additional support to existing library programs (e.g., Mother Goose, AARP tax preparation, Cross-Talk programs, other community events sponsored by library, etc.)
- Volunteers to work the books sales and work with book sale staff
- Volunteers to organize, staff and oversee benefits for the library
- Volunteers to organize, staff and oversee community programs connected with the schools
- One individual will coordinate and lead the Friends of KVL organization. Group leaders will be designated for specific volunteer areas (e.g., front desk work, benefits, etc.); these group leaders would report to the overall leader of the Friends of KVL organization. This overall leader can be a member of Board of Trustees or can be an adjunct to the Board of Trustees. The Leader of Friends for KVL will report to the Board of Trustees for KVL.