* Indicates all the resources on this page that require a library card
Need to find that one special article or several articles on a specific topic? Try one of the listed online resources. You can do your search using your home computer or anywhere with a computer and WiFi. All you need is your library card and PIN. Please contact the Reference Librarian at 914-232-3508 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance. If you wish to obtain an article from a newspaper or journal, please use the interlibrary loan request form – click here.
Newspapers & Magazines
- Katonah Village Library Online Archived Newspapers – selection of local historic Katonah newspapers dating from 1899. To find out more about this resource click here.
- Chappaqua Public Library Online Archived Newspapers – primary newspaper is The Patent Trader (1956-1974), bu they also have several other local historic newspapers.
- Port Chester-Rye Brook Public Library Online Archived Newspapers – primary newspaper is the Port Chester Journal (1868-1911).
Academic OneFile *– The premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world’s leading journals and reference sources. Extensive coverage of the sciences, technology, medicine, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects.
- Directory of Open Access Journals – A service that covers free, full-text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals.
- Flipster – Access digital editions of popular magazines: Car & Driver, Dwell, Ebony, Entertainment Weekly, Food Network Magazine, InStyle, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, People, People en Español, Prevention, Rolling Stone, Sports Illustrated and Time.
- Gannett Newsstand Complete (ProQuest) – Contains over 85 Gannett newspapers, 6 of which are New York newspapers. These include the Ithaca Journal, Poughkeepsie Journal, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, Journal News (White Plains), Press and Sun-Bulletin (Binghamton) and Star-Gazette (Elmira).
- General OneFile – A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
- Infotrac Newsstand (Gale) – Full-text newspaper database has several NY newspapers, including the NY Times from 1995-Present, as well as over fifty national and international newspapers. Click here for a title list. (Full-text)
- National Newspaper Index – Indexes New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Christian Science Monitor, Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post.
- NYS Newspapers – Collection of ten major newspapers published in New York State, searchable by section, keyword or relevance. (Full-text)
- Directory of Open Access Journals – Free access to articles in free online scientific and scholarly journals.
- Google News Archive – Search and explore information from historical archives dating back over 200 years. For a quick how-to on using Google News Archive see this post on the Free Technology for Teachers blog.
- Newspaper Sources Online – New York State Library list of online news sources.
- List of Online Archived Historic Newspapers – 100 sources from around the U.S.
- NYS Historic Newspapers – The NYS Historic Newspapers project provides free online access to a wide range of newspapers chosen to reflect New York’s unique history.