Treat yourself to an experience few ballet fans ever enjoy: orchestra seats at a dress rehearsal of the New York City Ballet, a backstage tour — and the take-home keepsake of a pair of signed toe shoes from a principal ballerina! The dress rehearsal is the final opportunity for the dancers to try on their costumes, work with the props and scenery, and perform the steps on the stage in full lighting. This experience can accommodate up to 4 people.
You may choose one of the following dates:
- November 25, 2016, 1:00 – 5:30 p.m. — The Nutcracker (Tschaikovsky); full dress, no orchestra
- January 26, 2017, 1:00 – 5:30 p.m. – New Peck (World Premier; choreography by Justin Peck), New Lidberg (World Premier, choreography by Pontus Lidberg); full dress, with orchestra
- February 7, 2017, 7:00 pm. — The Sleeping Beauty (Tschaikovsky); full dress, with orchestra
- May 4, 2017, 1:00 – 5:30 p.m. – New Ratmansky (World Premier; choreography by Alexei Ratmansky) with additional ballets; full dress, with orchestra
- May 12, 2017, 1:00 – 5:30 p.m. – New Peck (World Premier, choreography by Justin Peck, with score by Sufjan Stevens) with additional ballets; full dress, with orchestra
- May 23, 2017, 1-5:30 – Midsummer Night’s Dream (choreography by George Balanchine); full dress, no orchestra
Note: Winning bidders are encouraged to contact the donor as soon as possible to make plans. Alternative spring dates for working and dress rehearsals — Tuesdays thru Fridays only — may be available by arrangement with donor. See NYCB calendar here.
Market Value: Priceless (4 orchestra tickets for public performances: $700)
Opening Bid: $280